[PlanetCCRMA] Realtime effects

"Alexander Carôt" alexander_carot@gmx.net
Thu Nov 20 02:31:02 2003

Hi to all,

I installed and ran jack and jack-rack but there´s still trouble :

This is how jack responds to the connection of jack-rack :

[root@localhost root]# jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100
back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
jackd 0.80.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

JACK compiled with System V SHM support
creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|44100|nomon|swmeter|rt
open
starting engine
cannot connect ports owned by inactive clients; "jack_rack_30192" is not
active
cannot connect ports owned by inactive clients; "jack_rack_30192" is not
active
client jack_rack_30192 error: awake_at = 4100394199 state = 2 timed_out = -1

And this is what jack-rack says :

[root@localhost root]# jack-rack -o
cca_open_socket: error connecting to destination 'localhost:14541':
Verbindungsa
ufbau abgelehnt
cca_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost:14541' - disabling ladcca
cannot connect to jack server
cannot connect to default JACK server
process_info_connect_jack: could not create jack client; exiting
[root@localhost root]# jack-rack -o
cca_open_socket: error connecting to destination 'localhost:14541':
Verbindungsa
ufbau abgelehnt
cca_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost:14541' - disabling ladcca
process_info_connect_port: error connecting ports 'jack_rack_30192:out_1'
and 'a
lsa_pcm:playback_1'
process_info_connect_port: error connecting ports 'jack_rack_30192:out_2'
and 'a
lsa_pcm:playback_2'
zombified - calling shutdown handler
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root@localhost root]#

So it obviously fails to connect. Can anyone tell me where the trouble might
be
?

Thanks a lot in advance

-- A l e x