[PlanetCCRMA] SATA with Planet CCRMA

Fri Nov 14 20:48:01 2003

> Is there any chance that the next Planet CCRMA kernel build could include the
> libata patch? (ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/).
> It expands the support for Intel and VIA SATA chipsets, but is still light
> weight.
>
> Can anyone see this as a bad idea?

Nope, except that I just finished rebuilding yet again the latest
kernels so this comes a bit too late for this round of updates. It also
depends on whether the patches apply with no problems.

> It would be great to use this software on my (rather useless at the moment)
> Serial ATA hard drive (!). This patch would solve the problem for me and
> possibly many others.

Which chipset do you have? I'm using a SATA drive in a Pentium IV
machine with no problems, I guess I'm just lucky.

-- Fernando