[PlanetCCRMA] problem with new redhat glibc

Wed Nov 12 12:18:01 2003

> RedHat released new glibc packages for RedHat 9 (2.3.2-27.9.6), and
> the are incompatible with the 2.4.21-1.ll.acpi kernel from PlanetCCRMA
> -- Mozilla, rpm, and gnome broke.

Yuck! Did you try with more recent Planet CCRMA kernels? What kind of
error did you see happening? I wonder if they (by mistake) released a
version with the non-nptl compatibility stuff...

> I recovered by copying /lib/glibc-2.3.2.so and ld-2.3.2.so from
> another box.

Thanks for the warning... I just saw the errata on RedHat's site,
obviously I will not download it to the repository just yet :-)
-- Fernando