[PlanetCCRMA] Package request for SMP kernel sources, and a question about CMUCL worlds for CM/CLM/CMN

Jacob Sisk jjake@infoshock.org
Mon Nov 10 23:30:02 2003

--=-CS/9r9Eo/dylVWSF4enq

Hi,

Please bear with me if I have missed something with Planet --I am 48
hours new to this distribution. I have been installing chunks of the
Planet distribution on top of a vanilla RH9 installation, and two things
have come up:

1) It would be nice to have kernel source packages for SMP versions of
either Planet CCRMA kernel version 2.4.22-6.ll or RedHat kernel version
2.4.20-20.1.caps.  I have been trying to install via apt-get as follows:

#  apt-get install kernel-source#`uname -r`
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package kernel-source#2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90smp

I tried to get SRPMS for the tweaked RH9 kernel,
(2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90smp), but still no luck. apt-get didn't like the
addition of the line:

rpm-src http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/
redhat/7.x/en/i386 planetccrma

2) I can get none of the CM/CLM/CMN packages for CMUCL working (although
they seem to work OK for Clisp).  The error I get is:

 Error in function UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER:  Segmentation Violation at
#x40008D26.

Restarts:
  0: [CONTINUE] Return NIL from load of
"/usr/lib/cmucl/cmclmcmninit.lisp".
  1: [ABORT   ] Skip remaining initializations.

Debug  (type H for help)

(UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER #<unused-arg>
                       #<unused-arg>
                       #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP #x3FFFE390))
Source: Error finding source:=20
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer
exists:
  target:code/signal.lisp.

I'm not sure if this is a broken package or some nuance of my
installation, but I suspect the former.  On this list was a message
about a similar error (posted Wed Jan 8 18:11:02 2003).  I tried the fix
given there, but with no success.

Thanks,
Jacob

--=-CS/9r9Eo/dylVWSF4enq