[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #484 - 8 msgs

Adam King Adam King" <aking@lgh.com.au
Sun Nov 9 16:24:02 2003

> On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 10:35:27 -0800, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano
wrote:
> > > is it cool to float some package requests around here?
> >
> > Yes, sure...
> >
> > > i was just
> > > playing with Jamin on a DeMuDi live CD, and thought it was pretty
nice.
> > > [for those who don't know it:Jamin is a mastering tool for Jack.]
also,
> > > an ALSA and a Jack plugin for XMMS might be all right. of course,
i can
> > > build them from source [and probably will this week, in the case
of
> > > Jamin!], but i think they might appeal to more folks here than
just me.

> > It is in my radar, in fact I was trying to get it from cvs and
package
> > it before my trip to Paris but the sourceforge cvs server was
impossible
> > (at the time I was also trying to JackEQ with the same result but
then
> > the first tarball was released - hint to Jamin developers... :-).
Maybe
> > sf cvs is running more smoothly now and I can try it out.
>
> Hint taken :) there are a few tweaks that need to be done before the
first
> tarball though.
>
> - Steve

Has anyone gotten the xmms-jack plugin to work? I've tried compiling it
from source and it locks up xmms whenever i try to play anything. Anyone
had better experiences with it?

- Adam