[PlanetCCRMA] supercollider 3

smoerk smoerk@gmx.de
Sat Nov 8 01:52:02 2003

foltra@terra.cl wrote:

> What part of emacs you hate the most? the interface? you can try viper-mode
> if you want vi like interface.

vi is worse ;-)

> if you just hate emacs completely, can help you there sorry ;-)

i know emacs is a powerful editor, but my brain don't like to learn
various styles of usages and switching behaviour when using different
editors. ask someone without unix experience to start emacs or vi, edit
a text and save it. if he will not stuck completly (on vi), he most
likely needs more time than using pico (nano) or mc's editor. the GUI
emacs is much better, but i don't like this mixed text-mode / GUI
interface and there still different key bindings than in
notepad/gedit/whatever... i know you can customize everything, but i try
to avoid customizing too much (takes time, only helps on you personal
machine / user account)

the good news for me regarding supercollider: there is a tcl/tk frontend
for supercollider called scfront. very simple, but runs out of the box.
it's linked on supercollider swiki.

see http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/558