[PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA menu

Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso@agnula.org
Fri Nov 7 13:27:00 2003

    >> I have a suggestion: a "custom" Planet CCRMA menu for
    >> KDE/Gnome. Most of "GUI" Planet programs have menu links but
    >> they are messy located into several groups (Sound & Video,
    >> Other, Graphics, More Apps...). The idea is to create a Planet
    >> CCRMA menu and submenus accordingly the applications
    >> characteristics (something like "roadmap" groups: Multitrack
    >> Recorders, Patch Bays, Sound Editors, Video Players,...) for
    >> easier access.

    fll> It is good idea I've also been thinking about.

What do you think about trying to find a  common structure amongst the
various audio-related  distributions  and/or package sets   out there?
I'm thinking about AGNULA/DeMuDi, AGNULA/RehMuDi, the Mandrake project
I can't manage to remember  the name of, SuSE  audio packages (is it a
port of PlanetCCRMA?  I'm not sure), Debian 'stock', and so on..

I'm a  big fan   of harmonization (at  least in   this field) if  it's
possible.  Of course,  I'm not talking about eliminating  differences.
I just  think  that if  we manage to   find a common way   to organize
applications, users  won't  feel too  surprised  when  they  happen to
switch from a distribution to another.

Bye,

andrea
--