[PlanetCCRMA] fedora

Ryan G. ryanpg@yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 16:29:01 2003

Well,

Good news to report.  Fedora Core One is largely planetCCRMA friendly.
I had some trouble with qt apps but that seems in the past now.  Fedora
core One will be released sometime this week (the developers are
waiting for some "export" issues to be resolved).

This really is good news because as I understand things redhat is only
supporting rh9 till March.  Fedora will be the new desktop variant of
redhat.  There's lots of discussion about this and many people are
moving away from redhat because of it (mostly sysadmins who have many
machines that will require updating often).  I like fedora currently
because it's quite a bit more bleeding edge and frequently updated, but
the timed release nature of it will be a bit of a problem for some... I
fear Nando's job will become even harder (if that's possible).

So just a word to yall bout what's coming down the pike.

-ry

=====
--r--