[PlanetCCRMA] Soundblaster Live/ALSA drivers problem

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Wed May 21 18:29:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 16:43, Rohan Parkes wrote:

> Unfortunately, the results are currently terrible. The sound is weak and
> scratchy when I try to play audio files, and all in the left front
> speaker if I use line-in (rather like what you would expect under
> Windows if you had 5.1 speakers but had the audio settings set to 2
> speakers). It often gets faint and distorted over time.
>
> I can also hear faint interference in the speakers related to
> keypress/mouse movements at times (suggesting IRQ problems?).

It might. Provide the output of (as root) lspci -v and 'cat
/proc/interrupts'. These two commands will at least let us see the
configuration you are currently using.

If you are NOT using an SMP machine, and IF your interrupts go beyond
15, then you might try a boot option on the kernel line of grub.conf of
'acpi=off' and see what happens with your interrupts and the sound.