[PlanetCCRMA] Getting started with apt

Ekkehard Goerlach e.goerlach@computer.org
Fri May 2 13:18:01 2003

Hello,

on a RH9 system I just started with the apt-get utility and found -
surprise, surprise - an unmet dependency:

  gnucash: Depends: libgtkhtml.so.20 but it is not installable
           Depends: libguile.so.9 but it is not installable
           Depends: libqthreads.so.0 but it is not installable

The gnucash app is packaged for RH8 and the dependencies are for that
distro version. After upgrading to RH9 gnucash runs fine with the
newer libraries.

Is there a way to tell apt to ignore those specific dependencies? I am
always unshure about the consequences of a rpm -i of the older
libraries.

Thanks for any help or hint,
Ekkehard