[PlanetCCRMA] ardour??

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Mon Jun 30 13:46:02 2003

> > Not if you installed it on a machine built using the Planet flow...
>
> Possible worse.  Mandrake 9.1.  (I didn't realise I hadn't mentioned
> that, sorry...)

OK, that should be OK (Mandrake RPM being installed on a Mandrake machine)
but then why are you asking this on the Planet CCRMA list which is
specifically a Redhat based flow? The RPM's available through the Planet are
for Redhat only and will not, TTBOMK, run on Mandrake.

On the other hand, you will find folks here interested in helping

> I think I'm actually having problems with Alsa and Arts...

Ardour must use Alsa and Jack, not Arts...

> Something is
> causing my machine to log-off when I start Ardour and I can't work out
> the best way to trace what is going on.  Any suggestions?

I have not heard of this problem before...

> Have any generic rules appeared with Mandrake and Alsa in regards to
> configuration?

Not here, nor anywhere else I listen, but I'm not a Mandrake person.

> The MDK ardour doesn't seem to want to play ball.  I'll go and check
> thac's selection again to see if I missed anything, but I'm pretty sure
> I've got the right 9.1 rpms this time...

Good luck!

- Mark