[PlanetCCRMA] --old-package: unknown option

Bob L. Sturm sturm@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jun 26 14:20:02 2003

I am trying to install the CCRMA alsa kernel on my laptop (Gateway 1.6
GHz, dual boot) and am getting the following errors. I can't find anything
in the archives that has helped:

[root@localhost root]# apt-get -o RPM::Install-Options::=--old-package
install planetccrma-core
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  alsa-driver alsa-kernel-2.4.21-1.ll.acpi alsa-lib alsa-lib-devel
alsa-tools
  alsa-utils kernel#2.4.21-1.ll.acpi
  alsa-driver alsa-kernel-2.4.21-1.ll.acpi alsa-lib alsa-lib-devel
alsa-tools
  alsa-utils kernel#2.4.21-1.ll.acpi planetccrma-core
0 packages upgraded, 8 newly installed, 0 removed and 38 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/15.8MB of archives.
After unpacking 43.0MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Executing RPM (-ivh)...
--old-package: unknown option
Executing RPM (-Uvh)...
--old-package: unknown option
E: Sub-process /bin/rpm returned an error code (1)
E: Sub-process /bin/rpm returned an error code (1)

I have tried rebuilding my rpm database too:

[root@localhost root]# rpm --rebuilddb
error: db4 error(16) from dbenv->remove: Device or resource busy

This error doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. A google search shows
that it is a known bug and I can ignore it.

--
        //\		Bob L. Sturm
  ______\/_  ,		http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/~b.sturm/
 '||||||'  (o)		http://www.composerscientist.com/