[PlanetCCRMA] SWEET!

Brian Fahrlander kilroy@kamakiriad.com
Wed Jun 11 11:44:02 2003

--=-EnnROzZCbn7ovPhMsoca

    I was just messing around...I'm not really an audiophile...but I
keep hearing the chatter and wanted to try it out.  I don't even know
(yet) what I'm doing with it, but I tried meterbridge...

    1. Start Jack:          =20
       jackd -d alsa -d hw:0

    2. Start Meterbridge:
       meterbridge -t vu alsa_pcm:capture_1 alsa_pcm:capture_2=20

    Without opening the manpages, it looks like the first command starts
jack, choosing Alsa drivers, on the first available soundcard.

    The second appears to grab left and right channels of the 'capture'
channel, using the 'vu' type meters.  The "-t vu" can be changed to
other meters (Which all look very cool, btw!) at the home site:

http://plugin.org.uk/meterbridge/

    This is a very cool package! And now that I've learned how to start
jackd, I'm thinking about adventuring through the other apps and see
what I can find.

    Great work, guys!

--=20
Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                                    http://www.kamakiriad.com
Linux: it's all about choice and better software.      Live free or die.

--=-EnnROzZCbn7ovPhMsoca

--=-EnnROzZCbn7ovPhMsoca--