[PlanetCCRMA] Alsa Problem: loaded, not happening

Brian Fahrlander kilroy@kamakiriad.com
Tue Jun 3 10:17:02 2003

--=-bjrQ14RGXe/Y/NHXBB9M

    I've put-off asking about this partially because it isn't getting in
my way, and partially because I was waiting on a 'quiet' moment when
everyone wasn't upgrading and/or trying the latest new thing.

    I was using the previous version of Alsa happily for a good long
time, but then I upgraded.

    Details:

    Redhat 9, updates only from the repos we all know and love
    - alsa-driver-0.9.3a-fr2
    - alsa-lib-0.9.3-fr2
    - alsa-utils-0.9.3-fr2
    - kernel-module-alsa-0.9.3a-fr2_2.4.20_13.9
    - alsaconf-0.4.3b-1
    - Soundcard is an SBLive (no frills, not new, working for years)

    I've both loaded them from binaries, and this latest attempt is
working from a source RPM that I built to see if it'd help.  I first
tried the /etc/modules.conf setup that worked with the previous version,
then I let AlsaConf do it for me...they both produced the same result,
anyway.

    So while I've GOT it, anything requiring ALSA simply doesn't
function.  Going into gnome-alsamixer pulls up a box with nothing in it-
no controls.

    I'm not seeing anything screaming at me in /var/log/messages-
everything seems to be loading, other than:
Jun  2 04:25:31 aquila modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0
Jun  2 04:25:37 aquila modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-slot-1
Jun  2 04:25:37 aquila modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0
Jun  2 04:25:42 aquila modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-slot-1
Jun  2 04:25:42 aquila modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0
Jun  2 04:25:48 aquila modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-slot-1
Jun  2 04:25:48 aquila modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0
Jun  2 04:26:04 aquila modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-slot-1
Jun  2 04:26:04 aquila modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0

    And yes, I've tried just modprobing emu10k1, but that has no effect,
either.  Any ideas?

--=20
Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                                    http://www.kamakiriad.com
Linux: it's all about choice and better software.      Live free or die.

--=-bjrQ14RGXe/Y/NHXBB9M

--=-bjrQ14RGXe/Y/NHXBB9M--