[PlanetCCRMA] muse timing

jfm3@ouroboros-complex.org jfm3@ouroboros-complex.org
Sun Jun 1 18:10:03 2003

>> I run MusE as it's the only sequencer in the distro that can do 7/8
>> and record tempo changes. It looks great. Unfortunately when I move
>> the mouse around on the screen playback slows down.
>
> Have you tried to run it with jack?

Interestingly enough, the timing becomes much better when running with
jack and without -a. Timing only becomes sloppy when I make edits to the
running sequences. In addition, when I edit while playing, sometimes there
are stuck notes. I'm thankful it works at all. How do I forward this bug
to the MusE people?

>> I'm only interested in getting it to do MIDI at this point. I use -a
>> to tell it to not worry so much about audio playback.
>
> I noticed a strange behaviour of muse when running with the "-a" switch:
> tempo is slower than when running with audio enabled.

This is not true for me. I'm running RH9 and planetedge.