[PlanetCCRMA] Sendmail question (Tuning/antispam)

Terry Churchill terry@doc-linux.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 00:23:01 2003

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V

My pet monkey insists that on Jul 18 2003 at 06:45AM
Brian Fahrlander <kilroy@kamakiriad.com> warbled:

> I type:
> HELO sagitta.kamakiriad.local  (Same as my MX's)
>=20
> It says:
> 250 sagitta.kamakiriad.local Hello evv.kamakiriad.local [192.168.1.1],
> pleased to meet you
>=20
>     Am I missing a rule?  I'm on eth0 (from the outside) pretending to
> be the machine, itself. And it still accepts it!

It's not accepting anything. It'll let you use whatever you like after the
HELO, it'll correct it later. It doesn't use the HELO command to decide wet=
her
or not to allow you access.

>     I'm sure that some of the spam that comes through, uses this...

I'm sure it doesn't.

HTH
--=20
 .~.       Terry Churchill : terry@doc-linux.co.uk          .''`.