[PlanetCCRMA] two kernel patches sets merged

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde@wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 18 02:01:02 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:32:35 -0400, Joe Hartley wrote / a écrit:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:00:05 -0700
> Florin Andrei wrote:
>
> > While the PlanetCCRMA kernel does an excellent job at keeping the audio
> > data flowing to the hard-drive, its interactive performance is poor.
> > Even non-interactive tasks, such as CPU-intensive encoders, run
> > noticeably slower.
> > Some applications pause for _long_ times (seconds) with no apparent
> > reason on otherwise idle systems. I think that behaviour is not normal.
>
> For what it's worth...  I'm using the PlanetCCRMA kernel
> 2.4.21-1.ll.acpi with the nVidia drivers on a 1GHz PIII system, and I've
> never run into this sort of system burp.

If this can help, I noticed today that cp 'ing a file on a floppy isn't immediate: the process doesn't really start before 10 seconds (roughly), even if the command line gives back the prompt. Really weird.

Have a nice week-end all.
GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html