[PlanetCCRMA] problem

Tobyn V twvanve@umr.edu
Tue Jul 1 11:26:01 2003

I am fairly new to linux, and I can't seem to even get
started installing the kernel and alsa drivers.  I
have successfully installed apt-get as per the
instructions on the planetccrma web site.  But, when I
go to download and install the kernel and alsa
drivers, it says "--old-package: unknown option."
This happened after entering the command as listed on
the planet ccrma web site: "apt-get -o
RPM::Install-Options::=--old-package install
planetccrma-core".

I'm sure it has to be something simple and stupid that
is holding me up, but I can't figure it out for the
life of me.

Thanks,
Tobyn