[PlanetCCRMA] Xemacs and CLM problems solved, except...

Anders Vinjar andersvi@notam02.no
Tue Jul 1 00:29:00 2003

    BLS> ### Here are the problems in running CLM.

    BLS> (:ALSA :CMN :CLM :LITTLE-ENDIAN :CLM2 :PCL-STRUCTURES

Seems from your list of *features* youre running a lisp with clm
already loaded, meaning there shouldnt be any need to load clm's
all.lisp a second time.  Just type:

(in-package :clm)

- to get at all of clms names directly.

    BLS> And then I want to play with the birds:
    BLS> Now how do I run it? And is this the correct process for
    BLS> starting a CLM session, compiling a file, loading an
    BLS> instrument, and making it sound?

Your sequence is correct for cmucl, load the ".cmucl"-file after
compiling.  ie:

 (compile-file "instrument.ins")
 (load "instrument.cmucl")

(A possible complication is with files like bigbird.ins,
containing several definstrument-calls.  This will cause trouble
in cmucl.  Split them into separate files pr. definstrument, and
things should work with the compile/load sequence above.)

To hear some sound from it try loading "bird.clm" which contains
lots of bird and bigbird calls (after successfully compiling and

 (load "bird.clm")

- should give you some "inspiration".