[PlanetCCRMA] 2 newbie questions

Harrison Thomas harrisonfthomasjr@attbi.com
Wed Feb 26 14:42:01 2003

Hello Fernando and all

1)Zynaddsubfx was working for me until ver 1.0.7. I click on it now, get a
little disk activity, then nothing, no process starts, nothing. I did the
1.0.8 update. Still nothing.Removed it using Synaptic, rebooted, installed
1.0.8. Nothing. Being a newbie to Linux, I have no idea how to troubleshoot
this. Any help appreciated.

2) Last time I updated alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll, apt installed the wrong
version ( the i686 instead of the i386 ), so I did the recommended
rpm -e --nodeps to erase it, downloaded the i386 rpm, and installed it with
rpm -Uvh. Everything went fine. My question is: do I have to uninstall and
reinstall everytime a new version is posted, or can I download the correct
version and use rpm to update my existing version, or is there some way to
get apt to update with the correct version?

Thanks for the help

Harrison