[PlanetCCRMA] jackstart and freqtweak hang my system

jfm3 jfm3@ouroboros-complex.org
Thu Feb 20 10:48:01 2003

Granted, I'm running a kernel I built myself, so I'm really on my own
here, but when I run jackstart it doesn't start the first time:

bash> jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw
jackd 0.51.0
Copyright 2001-2002 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw|1024|2|48000|swmon|rt
cannot connect to jack server
cannot connect to jack server
ALSA: cannot become client
starting engine
engine driver not set; cannot start
cannot start main JACK thread
jack main caught signal 15

When I run it again, it works, but then when I run freqtweak, it
crashes. Anyone seen this or am I hosed?

--
(jfm3  2838 BCBA 93BA 3058 ED95  A42C 37DB 66D1 B43C 9FD0)