[PlanetCCRMA] timidity

Thu Feb 20 09:04:01 2003

> [root@localhost@localdomain root]# timidity -iA -Os
> Requested buffer size 32768, fragment size 8192
> ALSA pcm 'default' set buffer size 32768, period size 8192 bytes
> TiMidity starting in ALSA server mode
> set SCHED_FIFO
> Opening sequencer port: 129:0 129:1
>
> and then the program can't stop, i've tried it, then i've tried a modprobe
> snd-seq-midi and i've typed timidity -iA -Os but it doesn't work.

The program should not "stop". It is a synthesizer and in that mode
("-iA") it just waits for an alsa sequencer client to connect and play
notes. It will not return a terminal prompt to you. It does not do
anything by itself. Did you try what I suggested in the previous email?
(start vkeybd, kaconnect, connect the keyboard to timidity and play a
few notes).

-- Fernando