[PlanetCCRMA] How to make an ISO of the last updates?

Wed Feb 19 17:11:02 2003

> Can someone explain in details in wich way can i do ISO images of the last
> pakages?
> I'm not connected to the net with my Audio Linux Box...and there's a lot of
> upgrades in the last weeks.

Yes, I'm sorry the ISO's are so out of date... I have to actually clean
up the repository before I can update the ISO's (get rid of old versions
and so on) and so far I'm doing that manually (sometimes I keep old
version around for a while).

> Ok...i know i can wait until updated ISO came out....but i think it could be
> more easier if every user can do a "do-it-yourself" ISO to update his Audio
> Box everytime he feels that is time to upgrade, using apt-get with the
> cd-rom option!

That's a good idea. I don't think I could create a "server based"
service (ie: you spec what you want and get a custom iso built in the
server). Most probably that would eat server disk like crazy in no time
:-) But if it has to be a client based solution then you need a linux
box that has apt installed and a good connection to the network, which
is probably the problem we are trying to solve :-) I'm not sure it would
be easy to do because of dependencies, I would have to make sure that
the cdrom image has all dependencies in addition to the packages you
need...

Anyway, I'll think about this some more.
-- Fernando