[PlanetCCRMA] ALSA drivers update?

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Mon Feb 3 11:14:01 2003

Fernando,
   http://www.linux1394.org/

is the starting point for all things 1394. ;-) One complication is that the
Linux1394 project switched to  Subversion instead of CVS, which requires
users to build a new tool to do checkouts. However, they do have nightly
tarballs if you want to go that way. Go here

http://www.linux1394.org/svn.html

for more info on that.

   I managed to download what looked like pretty new stuff (certainly within
a day of being up to date, and probably was up to date) at:

http://svn.linux1394.org/

using the [viewcvs] link and then downloading the tarball from there. This
did not require Subversion.

   Maybe you have Subversion already? This is the only project I'm at all
around that uses it, so I find this switch a hassle.

   FYI - There was some talk over the weekend about 2.4.X kernels no longer
being supported at the leading edge of development, and that 'back-porting'
would happen when some developer wanted to do it. One other developer said
this really isn't a problem and that everything still works with 2.4.X
kernels. I don't know.

   Anything you build I'm willing to beta-test before you release it if you
need someone to look at 1394 issues. Hope this info helps.

Cheers,
Mark