[PlanetCCRMA] updates: ecasound, qjackctl

Fri Aug 29 18:34:01 2003

> > * updated ecasound to version 2.3.0-1.
> > * updated qjackctl to version 0.0.4-1.
> >
> > More details in the Changelog...
> > Enjoy!
>
> Bug report I guess - On both of my boxes (Planet & Gentoo) when starting
> Jack using qjackctl and pointing at /tmp/jack, I always get one message
> about not being able to connect to the Jack server. However, Jack has
> started correctly. I dismiss the message and everything is fine. Minor
> nit I think.

On RedHat you should not set the temporary directory to /tmp/jack, just
use the default (it should be /var/lib/jack/tmp, which is created and
mounted when you install the rpm - this is due to the workaround for the
xruns that were happening when there was activity in tmp, specially in
journalled filesystems).

-- Fernando