[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl when minimized

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Fri Aug 29 15:05:01 2003

Hi there again,

>> BTW, a new release for qjackctl is in the oven, readying to get out.
>> Maybe
>> tonight...
>>

> Enhancement request:
>
> Could you maybe look at arranging the Jack connections in a purely
> numerical
> list one of these days? My stereo alsaplayer goes to Playback_1 and
> Playback_2 which are separated by a mile in the display of my 26 IOs, and
> end up with a lot of lines crossing over each other for stereo signal
> sources. Larger IO cards have this problem which isn't even visible until
> you get above 10 I/O's.
>
> qjackconnect did this in it's early revisions also, but no longer does, so
> maybe there's some code there if you want to just lift it.

Lucky guy you are.

The connections view sorting code of qjackctl has been rewritten from
scratch (i.e. cloned from qjackconnect :), just to follow up a very same
suggestion from Steve Harris, I guess.

Is is already done and will be presented in this next release (0.0.4).

I'm readying it this very moment. But you probably might wait till
Fernando get's it packaged for The Planet, a little bit later hopefully ;)

See ya.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@rncbc.org