[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl when minimized

Taybin Rutkin taybin@earthlink.net
Fri Aug 29 08:11:01 2003

Mark,

I like using Redhat's gnome because their Bluecurve theme makes the kde apps fit in with the gnome apps.  That way I can forget about the widgets and just focus on what I'm doing.

Taybin

-------Original Message-------
From: Mark Knecht <mknecht@controlnet.com>
Sent: 08/29/03 09:48 AM
To: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, PlanetCCRMA <planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: RE: [PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl when minimized

> I'm using gnome, and all my other windows have minimise, so I've no
idea.
> Maybe its hinted as a dialogue or something.
>
> - Steve

Interesting. How do you find Gnome for doing audio/realtime stuff? Have
you
had to customize it much to get it to work well?

KDE had so much going on that I just bailed and went to fluxbox only when
went to Gentoo. Also, running under Gentoo I didn't want to keep updating
KDE as little minor stuff comes out as this distro requires me to do a lot
of what Fernando does for us on our Redhat boxes. Under fluxbox I like it
when I say 'ps aux' that I only get about 15 items. Simple Minds - simple
environments. ;-)

I still use Redhat, BTW, on my second Linux box. The Planet just makes it
all so simple. Maybe I should try Gnome there just to see what it's like
these days.

Thanks,
Mark