[PlanetCCRMA] Size mismatch in apt-get update

Wed Aug 27 11:12:02 2003

> The below is the result of running apt-get update on my machine.
> Are the size mismatches significant? Is there a way I can debug them?
> I tried removing the ccrma items from sources.list, doing an apt-get
> update, adding them back, doing another update, but that didn't work
>
> [root@scir root]# apt-get update
> [MUNCH]
> Failed to fetch
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/redhat/7.3/en/i386/base/pkglist.os
> Size mismatch
> Failed to fetch
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/redhat/7.3/en/i386/base/release.os
> Size mismatch
> Failed to fetch
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/redhat/7.3/en/i386/base/release.updates
> Size mismatch
> Failed to fetch
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/redhat/7.x/en/i386/base/release.planetccrma
> Size mismatch
> Failed to fetch
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/redhat/7.x/en/i386/base/release.planetcore
> Size mismatch
> Failed to fetch
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/redhat/7.3/en/i386/base/release.planetccrma
> Size mismatch

Strange, I just confirmed that those url's are currently working. Maybe
you accessed them just when they were being changed yesterday? Could you
try again?

> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.
>
> PS also attached apt.conf and sources.list

Could you please update your /etc/apt/apt.conf and sources.list? The
apt.conf you have is very old and would not be good for updating kernels
automatically (unless you also have a very old apt package - which
version do you see if you do a "rpm -q apt"?), the sources.list has
obsolete lines in it (7.x.up)

Could you try with these lines in sources.list?

rpm http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt redhat/7.3/en/i386 os
updates
rpm http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt redhat/7.3/en/i386
planetcore