[PlanetCCRMA] midi

Tue Aug 26 18:14:01 2003

> /proc/asound/devices shows
>
>   0: [0- 0]: ctl
>  16: [0- 0]: digital audio playback
>  24: [0- 0]: digital audio capture
>   1:       : sequencer
>  33:       : timer

There should have been rawmidi devices listed here... :-<

> and lspci -v shows
>
> 00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS7012 PCI Audio Accelerator (rev a0)
>         Subsystem: C-Media Electronics Inc: Unknown device 0300

You are right that probably the 0300 unknown device may be the midi
port... You may want to post a message to the alsa-devel list about
this. It could be that this is fixed in the current version (I'm working
on releasing a newer set of alsa packages but time is short).

>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
>         I/O ports at dc00 [size=256]
>         I/O ports at d800 [size=128]
>         Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2

-- Fernando