[PlanetCCRMA] Newbie Q: Installing Planet CCRMA

Mon Aug 25 09:47:01 2003

> I'd like to use Synaptic to install the Planet CCRMA kernel and sound drivers.
>
> However, I'm having a problem getting Synaptic to connect to Planet CCRMA.
> I've added the following to the list of repositories:
>
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt
>
> However when I click the Update button, Synaptic connects to the freshrpms
> repository but not to Planet CCRMA
>
> Am I using the correct URL?
>
> What should I add for the Vendor, Distribution and Section categories of
> the Synaptic respository?
>
> I'm a complete newbie to Linux so I'm probably making a really simple mistake!

> P.S. If someone could walk me through exactly what I have to add to
> Synaptic to get it to connect with Planet CCRMA it would be much appreciated.

If you follow the instructions on the Planet CCRMA pages you should be
fine, you need to replace the default apt.conf and sources.list files
(in /etc/apt) with the ones that match your version of RedHat (9).

See:
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installapt.html

and follow the instructions in the "Configuring apt" subsection.
-- Fernando