[PlanetCCRMA] apt-get and alsaconf

Wed Aug 13 19:18:02 2003

> So with that out of the way, does anyone have any suggestion on this
> alsaconf problem? I suspect that I just have to enter a value in a
> config file somewhere, but the details are eluding me.

I don't know why that error is happening, you could try adding an
explicit configuration to /etc/modules.conf for the soundcard, like the
following (add it at the end of /etc/modules.conf):

# --- ALSA configuration
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1371
# --- OSS compatibility
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd major=116 cards_limit=1 device_mode=0666 device_gid=0 device_uid=0
options snd-ens1371 index=0 id=Ens1371
# --- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0
# --- ALSA configuration END

You would also have to erase the entries that correspond to the oss
drivers as installed by redhat. Send me your current /etc/modules.conf
and I'll tell you what to do...

What does "lspci -v -v" say about your soundcard?
-- Fernando