[PlanetCCRMA] Latest alsa upgrade

Mon Aug 11 10:12:02 2003

> The latest alsa drivers update removed the planet ccrma-core and seems
> to have broken some dependencies. If I try to reinstall
> planetccrma-core, heres what I get :

>   planetccrma-core: Depends: alsa-driver (= 0.9.4-2.cvs) but
> 0.9.6-1.fr is to be installed
>                     Depends: alsa-lib (= 0.9.4-2.cvs) but 0.9.6-1.fr
> is to be installed
>                     Depends: alsa-lib-devel (= 0.9.4-2.cvs) but
> 0.9.6-1.fr is to be installed
>                     Depends: alsa-utils (= 0.9.4-2.cvs) but 0.9.6-1.fr
> is to be
> installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> Running 8.0 with the planet kernel.

Your alsa update did not come from Planet CCRMA's repository but from
Freshrpms. And that obviously will not play nice with the planetccrma
core virtual package and its dependencies.

If alsa is still working for you, you do not need to worry. I'm working
on a new version of alsa based on current cvs. When that is out you can
try installing planetccrma-core again.

-- Fernando