[PlanetCCRMA] Upgrading question

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Mon Aug 4 14:05:02 2003

Hello Joe,

> I tried to build a new version of qjackctl, the new JACK GUI by
> Rui Nuno Capela, and I get no joy.  The ./configure works fine, but the
> make fails miserably:

Are you reusing a previous qjackctl-0.0.2 build source tree? Did you
issued a 'make clean' before 'make' ? Or better, did you reissued the
'./configure' ? If not, please retry. If it still fails, please retry
installing qjackctl from scratch :)

> My guess is that I have an incompatibility with a library, and that
> I need to re-install some part of the Qt toolkit to get this built.  I
> then flashed on what it would take to remove almost everything that was
> provided by the Planet, and all of the packages that depend on them, and
> reinstall them.  I am not thrilled by this prospect for while synaptic
> makes using apt easier, it would still be an rather unpleasant experience.

Probably not. But if the above still fails miserably, and the evidences
shown are that of bad or inconsistent mocables, that is, Qt's arcane
meta-object-compiler object linkage, you probably have something that I
could not figure out, yet.

Bye.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela