[PlanetCCRMA] acpi on prostar 2253 with ccrma kernel 2.4.21-1.ll.acpi

Fri Aug 1 12:46:01 2003

> by changing my file: /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia
> the lines that have pcmcia_core.o to pcmcia_core and so on around line
> 107 in that file, seemed to fix my system on the ccrma kernel (weird).
> My wireless card now works fine as well as pcmcia slot. It was not
>
> Hmmm...weird...but it worx :) i don't understand why...

The key (and real solution) of the problem has to do with a
compatibility link in the kernel modules directory. It apparently should
not exist for newer versions of redhat but it does in my last kernel
(will be fixed in the next, of course :-). I thought I had posted this
before.

Anyway, if you go to:
  cd /lib/modules/(replace_with_kernel_version)/
and you see a "pcmcia" directory filled with links (_and_ you are
running 8.0 or 9) then the pcmcia script will autoselect a different
then the modules do not load.

You can erase the "pcmcia" directory and links and then things will work
without having to hack the pcmcia startup script.

[but of course if you have things working don't touch them!! :-]

-- Fernando