[PlanetCCRMA] re: kernel 2.4.19

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Sep 20 12:24:01 2002

Hi Ruud

If you installed  kernel 2.4.19 successfully by doing a rpm -ivh you
should see the vmlinuz2.4.19 image in /boot/. If you don't see it
something went  wrong. If it's there you need to edit /boot/grub/grub.conf

there is a line that looks like:

default=1

you should change this line to

default=0

The only thing that you are doing is making  2.4.19 to be your default
boot kernel.

I am using the same kernel on a laptop.

Please make sure you do an rpm -ivh when you are updating kernels,
otherwise you will erase the original kernel. Don't do rpm -Uvh.

 --* Juan