[PlanetCCRMA] New build from Planet.CCRMA for Ardour - almost perfect!

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Fri Sep 6 16:34:00 2002

Fernando,
   Hi. I wanted to let you know that the current state of builds for RH 7.3
off of Planet.CCRMA getting me ready to do Ardour was almost perfect. The
only thing I had to do that wouldn't be obvious to someone who hadn't done
this before was install the libsndfile-devel rpm. As things are currently
set up the Ardour configure step went looking for sndfile.pc (I think) and
couldn't find it.

   Other things were pretty obvious. The LADSPA header, which is on the main
app page.

   You might consider adding that rpm to your flow as future Ardour users
will thank you! (As I am doing now for all the time your site is saving me!)

   Also, a pointer to the autoconf rpm could help people, although they can
get that from rpmfind.net also. It's just that you have the right one! ;-)

Thanks so much,
Mark