[PlanetCCRMA] 1394 Enabled

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Fri Sep 6 13:50:05 2002

Great. I have a couple of 1394 drives on my Pro Tools setup. I want to try
one of them out on each of my Ardour boxes. Both Ardour boxes have 1394. (I
do 1394 for a living and participate on the Linux 1394 development group at
a low level.)

-----Original Message-----
From: planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]On Behalf Of Fernando Pablo
Lopez-Lezcano
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 1:36 PM
To: Mark Knecht
Cc: PlanetCCRMA (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] 1394 Enabled

> Fernando,
>    Do you know if 1394 is enabled in the Planet.CCRMA kernel?

The kernel has the modules compiled in (for ohci based cards), if you have
the right card you have to load them and you also need to create a couple
of devices in /dev/ if they are not there. I'm using it successfully for
video i/o but I never got the time to write any of the configuration stuff
I did for the planet ccrma pages yet.