[Jackit-devel] RE: [PlanetCCRMA] CRON - cannot connect to jack server - 2 minutes after the hour

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Thu Oct 24 06:48:01 2002

Good morning,
   After running all night with crond turned off, jack was still working
fine this morning. That's a first!

   Thanks to Paul for sending the link on setting up cron. I'll be reading
that today. However, In my mind, why in the world should ANY cron job cause
jack to do this? Doesn't this speak towards a problem that needs to be
fixed?

   Anyway, I'll report back whatever I discover, but I'm concerned that this
is really something just a bit deeper.

Cheers,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: jackit-devel-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:jackit-devel-admin@lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Mark
Knecht
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 5:55 PM
To: 'PlanetCCRMA (E-mail)'; 'Jackit-List (E-mail)'
Subject: [Jackit-devel] RE: [PlanetCCRMA] CRON - cannot connect to jack
server - 2 minutes after the hour

Hi,
   Late breaking news. After seeing jack fail twice at 2 minutes past the
hour, I just turned off crond at 4:30PM for the evening. The machine then
went past 5PM and jack_lsp did not have any problems communicating with
jack. I left jack running and will check it again in the morning to see if
that fixes it.

   If so, I'll probably need a bit of guidance about how cron runs and how
to modify what it does. Thanks to everyone who's made comments.

Cheers,
Mark