[PlanetCCRMA] RE: [Jackit-devel] cannot connect to jack server - cannot connect to default JACK server

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Wed Oct 23 15:19:01 2002

Fernando,
   I did not have this section in that file.

   I'm thinking cron...

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]On Behalf Of Fernando Pablo
Lopez-Lezcano
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 3:11 PM
To: Mark Knecht
Cc: oeschey@web.de; 'PlanetCCRMA (E-mail)'; 'Jackit-List (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: [PlanetCCRMA] RE: [Jackit-devel] cannot connect to jack
server - cannot connect to default JACK server

Sorry to come into this thread this late (brain dead email routing dumped
these emails in the global linux mbox which lately I just can't keep up
with :-)

If the problem coincides with the monitor powering down then it is an
XFree related setting. See if you have a section in your
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file named "ServerFlags" with things inside like
"BlankTime" and so on. That's what I have in mine but I think _I_ added
it. They can be used to control when XFree goes through the power down
stages of the monitor. Mine looks like this:

Section "ServerFlags"
        BlankTime 15
        StandbyTime 20
        SuspendTime 30