[PlanetCCRMA] no more network now

Tue Oct 22 15:08:01 2002

> > Now it gets funny, I got the kernel running, sound is
> > working, but my Networkcard (PCMCIA 3com 3CCFEM556B) won't
> > work anymore :( When I boot the old Redhat kernel, lsmod
> > shows me a used 3c574_cs module, so I guess that's the one I
> > need. I can insmod the module under the new kernel, but
> > nothing seems to really happen...
>
> mh, this gets beyond my understanding of PCMCIA: out of curiosity I
> moved the card from slot1 to slot2, and it was instantly recognized and
> autoloaded. I always thought, both slots use the same hardware adresses?

For some reason that is happening also in my laptop (and a couple others I
know off). My guess is that this particular kernel has a bug (feature?) in
that it only recognizes the first slot of the pcmcia interface.

The first thing I have to do after getting 8.0 support more or less there
is to get a newer kernel up and running.

-- Fernando