[PlanetCCRMA] not so nice unresolved symbols now

Tue Oct 22 12:31:01 2002

> I fetched the i686 kernel now, did a remove of the i386 one, and now
> when I try to boot the new kernel, I get unresolved symbols at boot
> time, unfortunately for ext3.o, which means "kernel panic". What now?

That is strange. The install must have been incomplete, I guess. The 686
kernel is working fine on a bunch of machines here (and elsewhere) with no
unresolved symbols.

My suggestion would be to boot into the origianl redhat kernel, erase the
kernel package(s) that were part of planet ccrma and reinstall them. First
check to see what is it you have installed (in terms of kernels):

  rpm -q -a | grep ^kernel

You should see the redhat kernel and at least one planetccrma kernel rpm.
Erase the planetccrma kernel by doing a:

  rpm -e kernel-up-2.4.19-1.ll

You might need to add a "--nodeps" to force a temporary removal (because
of the alsa driver dependencies). Check that all *2.4.19-1.ll* related
files in /boot have been erased. Check that /boot/grub/grub.conf does not
have an entry for the erased kernel (probably unnecessary).

After that, install the kernel again:

  apt-get install kernel-up#2.4.19-1.ll@i686

-- Fernando