[PlanetCCRMA] unresolved symbols from alsa drivers

Lars Oeschey oeschey@web.de
Sun Oct 20 13:45:05 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to move our laptop for on-stage use from Windows to Linux,
since we had (who would have thought...) some problems with the current
setup ;)
I used to use Suse Linux until now, but now I got a RedHat 8.0 and gave
it a try. While Suse recognized the ES1879 onboard device, RedHat
doesn't, So I went and started with the Planet CCRMA which looks like
great stuff. Downloaded kernel, alsa, etc, just like the tutorial
states. When trying to load the alsa drivers though, I get errors:

modprobe snd-es18xx snd_port=0x220 snd_irq=5 snd_dma1=1 snd_dma2=3
/lib/modules/2.4.19-1.ll/kernel/drivers/sound/acore/snd.o: unresolved
symbol kill_fasync_R78a1638d

there are lots more, fasync_helper_, remove_proc_entry_ and so on, each
with some random weird numbers/characters added (had to handtype this
since email on the notebook isn't configured yet ;))

What could that be?

regards, Lars
--
http://www.the-core.net