[PlanetCCRMA] sound problems

Tue Oct 15 11:45:03 2002

> The /var/log/messages tell that:
> - alsasound: starting sound driver snd-via8233 succeeded
> - alsasound: restoring sound driver settings succeeded
>
> On the viaarena.com site there is a guide for setting up the VIA8233 card
> with the newest alsa drivers. It is of a recent date and differs slightly
> from the alsa configuration guide at Planet CCRMA. We will try and see if we
> have better luck with the newest alsa drivers. Would the use of the latest
> alsa drivers interfere with the rest of the Planet CCRMA installation and
> configuration process?

It depends on how and where you install them. If they install in exactly
the same place (they should) they would just overwrite the existing
binaries and that's it.

For a different problem I'm just about done recompiling today's alsa cvs,
maybe I could make the resulting binary rpms available somehow so you can
test them in your computer...

-- Fernando