[PlanetCCRMA] FW: [Ardour-users] Ardour/jack totally broken on two systems now using jack 0.39.0...

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Thu Oct 10 07:43:02 2002

Fernando,
   What's the preferred method to remove packages that were installed with
apt-get? The PlanetCCRMA process and the straight compile process are
putting jack in different places and this seems to be causing problems for
me as I am trying to run a newer version of jack.

   Anyway, I didn't find instructions on PlanetCCRMA for how to remove
software that was installed with apt-get. (apt-remove?) ;-) I tried
synaptic, but it didn't seem to actually uninstall anything. Maybe I'm using
it wrong. I don't know...

Thanks,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: ardour-users-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:ardour-users-admin@lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Jesse
Chappell
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 7:30 AM
To: Mark Knecht
Cc: Ardour-User-List (E-mail)
Subject: Re:[Ardour-users] Ardour/jack totally broken on two systems now
using jack 0.39.0...

Mark Knecht wrote on Thu, 10-Oct-2002:

 > [ERROR]: cannot activate JACK client
 >
 >    What's up with that? ;-)

You might need to remove the original jack that you installed
in /usr because the ardour compile is probably picking them up
instead of the new jack in /usr/local.  There should be a configure
option in ardour to specify where to look for Jack, but there
isn't.   After (re)moving the /usr/lib/libjack* and /usr/include/jack*
reconfigure/recompile ardour.

jlc