[PlanetCCRMA] Hi there, where is the kernel2.4.10acpi??

Tue Oct 8 11:14:14 2002

[just back from vacation...]

> THANKS FOR THE INFO. Downloaded the acpi kernel and installed it.
> Unfortunatly my computer is not booting anymore....

Sorry about that, it is working fine in a Sony GRX, I had one report of
it not working on another laptop but I cannot remember who sent me that.
Where does it hang in the boot process?

> Who made the acpi kernel?

I did :-) There's not much to tweak, it is just very standard (the linus
kernel plus the acpi snapshot plus the low latency stuff). ACPI support is
still, let's say, experimental. Just before I left I noticed there was a
newer snapshot available (of the acpi patch) so I guess I should at some
point build a new more up to date kernel and see what happens.

-- Fernando