[PlanetCCRMA] virmidi driver for alsa

dougall irving dougalli@hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 15:32:01 2002

Hi all,

After struggling to build a bunch of linux audio apps without much success
the planet ccrma packages are a treat.  Thanks to all involved.

I've gotten alsa, jack, pd and rosegarden running under redhat 8.0 from the
planet ccrma packages.  I'm using a SBLive card and found I had to disable
the arts server in KDE from starting before I could get pcm capture to work
in alsa.  I have successfully routed audio about the system using jack but
when it comes to midi I don't seem to have the virtual midi port installed.
My regular hardware midi ports are working. Can you tell me how I could go
about adding virtual midi ports to my system?  I understand that these are
part of the alsa drivers.  Can I add more than one?

Also I haven't had any luck building ardour.  From the latest CVS sources I
get an error building the file tempodisplay.cc  I know it's outside the
scope of this list but has anyone else had similar problems?

regards

dougalli