[PlanetCCRMA] Jack Problems

David Gerard Matthews dgm4+@pitt.edu
Sat Nov 16 11:16:01 2002

>>I can't get jack to run.  I keep getting the following when I run
>>jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100:

I think the problem is that "hw" is a variable, not an actual command
argument in itself.
The "hw" in the documentation is short for "hardware", and so after -d
alsa you indicate
-d [name of your soundcard].  I invoke jack with the following command:

jackd -v -R -d alsa -d ice1712 -r 44100

The "ice1712" is my soundcard's chipset, so I plug in the chipset name
ice1712 in place
of the variable "hw".  What kind of soundcard do you have?
HTH,
dgm