[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia driver problems for the kernel

Lawrence Miranda (pogi) lawrence.miranda@up.edu.ph
Fri Nov 15 08:25:02 2002

I'm sorry if this topic seems irrelevant to you.
I was able to install successfully the Planet CCRMA kernel using the new
CD images for Redhat 8.0. Installing packages went well using apt.
Then I attempted to install the Nvidia display driver by untarring the
source and using 'make install' as the manual states. I was successful
in installing such drivers when I had an updated 2.4.18 kernel from RHN
and an unpatched 2.4.19 kernel. The error message is :

You appear to be compiling the NVdriver kernel module with
a compiler different from the one that was used to compile
the running kernel. This may be perfectly fine, but there
are cases where this can lead to unexpected behaviour and
system crashes.

If you know what you are doing and want to override this
check, you can do so by setting IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH.

In any other case, set the CC environment variable to the
name of the compiler that was used to compile the kernel.

*** Failed cc sanity check. Bailing out! ***
make: *** [gcc-check] Error 1
+ exit 0
Thanks in advance.
Lawrence Miranda