[Jackit-devel] RE: [PlanetCCRMA] jack memory leak?

Wed Nov 13 15:39:00 2002

>    Actually I sent this message to the Planet first, instead of the jack
> list, since I was actually running jackstart, a program provided by
> Fernando, and not the standard jack.

Jackstart is a "startup program launcher", it starts, gives jackd the
proper capabilities so that it can use SCHED_FIFO priorities under a
normal user and transfers control to jackd. After that jackstart is not
part of the picture anymore (although the process listing will list the
name of the process as jackstart - this could be fixed, I think).

Jackstart is part of the "standard" jack distribution.
-- Fernando