[PlanetCCRMA] updated: jack to 0.40, others, added: qjackconnect, jack-rack

Wed Nov 13 10:08:01 2002

>    While it's sort of sensible to be running no applications when running
> apt-get, is it a requirement?

Not really. You can update a live system with no problems. Obviously (at
least obvious to me) if you are updating an application that is
currently running then you should quit and restart it before doing
anything else.

>    Should (could?) the rpm's that need to have apps not running when they do
> the install inform us of this if the app is running? Maybe this isn't that
> large an issue.

There is no mechanism inside rpm that would allow that to happen. It
would be possible to add a preinstall script to warn users but I don't
think it is a big deal.

-- Fernando